Thursday, April 7, 2011

Family Fascination: Trying to Climb the Family Tree


I’ve always had an interest in family history as knowing your roots gives you a deeper understanding of yourself but with shows like ‘Who Do You Think You Are’ and the easy accessibility of records on Ancestry.com, I’ve been seeking the tree tops.

I’m trying to understand my fascination with a family that I will never meet and now has become such an importance in my life. Greeting names, stations and unique situations, I find as the page turns, it’s better than any mystery book I’ve read. This time, the ending is me but what’s before is anyone’s guess.
The more I thumb through history the more my curiosity grows. I’m so intrigued about what can be unturned that I get frustrated when I can’t get past a certain ancestor and my family can’t understand my passion for this research.
Calling them on my progress, I know their feigning interest but in reality, I know they don’t care. Bless their hearts, they listen to me prattle on. Good thing too as I never shut up!
It’s time to confront the past with the present and like the current theatrical production, ‘Anything Goes!’

No comments:

Post a Comment